Advances in medicine are so incredible that humans live longer and longer, but do we really want to live so long? In my opinion, the desire to live must always be connected with a good quality of life.
Listening exercise to do: Life expectancy (6 Minute English, BBC Learning English)Read articles related to the issue:
Life expectancy to break 90 barrier by 2030 (BBC News)
U.S. life expectancy declines for the first time since 1993 (The Washington Post)
Learn about what the SCHWA sound is with Lucy >>
Episode 170301 / 01 March 2017 >>> Expressions presented: upside, catching their breath & dexterity.
Exercise (BBC Learning English):Use one of the words or phrases from Lingohack to complete each of these sentences. Note that you may have to change the form of a word or phrase to complete the sentence correctly.
upside / catching their breath / dexterity
1. You can continue your jogging. I will stop here for a minute to ______. I'm not very fit.
2. On the ______, the fall of the pound has boosted exports as goods are now far cheaper on foreign markets.
3. The discovery of an ancient bone at a burial site in Kenya puts the origin of human hand ______ at more than half a million years earlier than previously thought.
HIGHWAY TO B2.....
Finish the second sentence without changing the meaning.1. 'Is Mary having a party on Friday?', he asked. He asked.....
2. 'Why didn't you make an appointment earlier?', the doctor asked. The doctor asked her....
3. Do they allow you to smoke in British cinemas? Is.......?
4. 'I have made a mistake,' he said. He admitted....
5. Please, don't play your music so loudly. Would you mind.....?
6. Alcohol is bad for you and so are cigarettes. Neither.........
7. 'How many times have you been to Spain?', they asked me. They asked me......
8. I'm going to take the car this evening, all right? You don't mind if .............................?
9. Do you mind if I open the window? Would it ................?
10. 'Please, bring me another cup of coffee,' I said to the waiter. I asked........
Solutions in the next post