This is the new language to communicate and that everybody in the world understands. Here are some interesting articles to read about the issue
Listening exercise to do: The rise of the emoji (6 Minute English, BBC Learning English)
Learn 5 Spring idioms with Lucy >>
Albert is no longer a spring chicken, I'm afraid!!! ;-)))))
What does 'an all-you-can-eat buffet' mean? You can also spell it without hyphens. Here's an interesting article to read.
How to BEAT the all-you-can-eat buffet (Daily Mail)
- Episode 170322 / 22 March 2017 >>> Expressions presented: underway, stands out & making history.
HIGHWAY TO B2.....
A. VOCABULARY. Here are some words connected with 'crime'. Match them with their appropriate definition. Two of them are synomyms, so they have the same definition.
cunning , to cheat , a trick , to take someone in , to betray ,
to deceive , to pass yourself off as , a crook
1. to make someone believe something that is not true ____________________
2. a thief or dishonest person __________________
3. to act like someone or something you are not ___________________
4. to act dishonestly in order to gain an unfair advantage (especially in games, sports or exams) __________
5. clever in a dishonest way _________________
6. an act done to confuse someone or sometimes to amuse _______________
7. to be disloyal to a friend or to your country ________________
B. VOCABULARY. Complete these sentences with one of the words presented above.
1. Redford and Newman play the parts of two ____________________ in the film.
2. He hasn't really been ill. He has __________________ you.
3. I read a story in the paper about a man who put on a white coat and managed to _____________ himself ____________ a doctor.
4. Animals such as foxes are famous for their ________________
5. Don't play cards with him. He always _________________
6. Don't let that woman _______________ you _____________ with all her lies.
7. The man who _______________ his country by giving away secrets was later hanged.
8. Magicians know all sorts of ________________, which they use to entertain people.